We just have a few house rules:
The Room at Town Hall Brighouse is indeed a great meeting venue and perfect for your events. You’ll find our team are extremely friendly and we’ll always try to accommodate your requests. However, there are a few house rules and terms and conditions that we need to state.
Making your Booking
Making your Booking
- We may agree to a provisional booking, but this is not a legally binding agreement until a booking contract has been fulfilled.
- If, after receiving our quotation, you want to make a firm booking with us, you should sign and return to us the booking contract as soon as possible.
- A legally binding contract is only formed between you and us when we receive and accept your unedited booking contract.
- This Agreement contains the entire and only agreement between us and supersedes all previous agreements made between us in relation to the Event. Both parties acknowledge that, in entering this agreement, neither has relied on any representation oral or written that is not set out expressly in this agreement and the attached quotation. We shall not be liable to you or any of your guests or invitees by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claim whatsoever caused by our negligence arising from the organisation and management of the Event and our entire liability under or in connection with this agreement shall not exceed the quoted cost of the Event. No other Terms & Conditions do or will relate to this contract.
- You must confirm the final numbers of attendees no less than 7 working days prior to the event, or at least estimated number of attendees.
- In the event that the number attending the Event exceeds the number advised at the time of the booking, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to provide service for the increased numbers. Additional charges may be levied if the number greatly exceeds that anticipated.
- Unless credit facilities have previously been arranged, a non-refundable deposit of £100 is payable upon confirmation of your booking.
- Payment of the booking will be made within 30 days of the date on our invoice, which will be issued within 7 days following your event. This includes room hire, food, beverages and all costs laid out within the pre-agreed contact.
- If you cancel your booking with us in its entirety, we will levy the following cancellation charges:Cancellation 12-6 weeks prior to the Event: 25% of total booking value.Cancellation 6-4 weeks prior to the Event: 50% of total booking valueCancellation 4-2 weeks prior to the Event: 75% of total booking value.Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the Event: 90% of total booking value.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you if:You do not pay us any requested advance payment by the time required of you; orWe do not receive any requested bank guarantee by the time required of you; orWe discover that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended event in circumstances where (if you had not done so) we would not have accepted your booking; orWe have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your delegates is likely to result in damage to our premises or property and/or injury to people.
- Please ensure that we are informed of any special requirements of delegates (for example relating to any disability which may impede their ability to evacuate the venue in an emergency) at the time you make your booking application, or if this is not possible then as soon as possible afterwards.
- If you are ordering food with us, please be sure to specify any dietary requirements prior to your visit (e.g. vegetarian, halal or any allergies).
- You must provide us, by the dates we may reasonably request of you, with any further information we ask for regarding your booking (for example, the names of delegates).
- You must comply with, and ensure that your delegates comply with, all of our reasonable instructions relating to health, safety and security.
- You must not, and you must ensure that your delegates do not, cause a nuisance to anyone using or visiting our premises, which includes going into other areas of our premises which may be used for other purposes. We reserve the right to require any person who causes such a nuisance to vacate our premises immediately.
- You are advised to secure your own insurance policy against any cancellation charges for which you could be liable under this agreement.
- We accept no liability for loss of, or damage to, property brought onto the premises and which is owned by or in custody of you, your employees, guests, customers, clients, or invitees.
- You shall be responsible for any damage caused by you, your employees, guests, customer, clients or invitees to the premises, furnishing or equipment during the Event or as a result of the Event, and shall indemnify us against the cost of repair or replacement thereof.
- We accept no liability for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by events beyond our control, which shall include, but not to be limited to, industrial action (whether on the part of our employees or otherwise), accidents, fire, riot and civil commotion. If any such event should occur, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to make suitable alternative arrangements, failing which we shall terminate the contract and refund your deposit.
- Those visiting The Room are advised that this is a no-smoking venue, and smoking within the venue will not be tolerated.
- The Room at Town Hall does not have an alcohol licence, and as such are not permitted to sell alcohol on the premises
- We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in the venue or any of our other premises.
- We reserve the right to access, and you agree to permit our staff, authorised representatives and contractors to access, the venue at all times.